Monday, May 17, 2010

5 year plan coming to life

At the beginning of the quarter we were given the assignment to map out the next five years--where we want to be, what we want to accomplish, where we will be-- pretty much anything you could imagine. So like many, I was clueless (and I still am--don't tell!) So my goals were few and far between because I felt like I didn't want to put some amazing desire onto paper and then five years from now, not accomplish it--I mean really, what a downer.

So, I took the assignment to heart, and did my best to set forth realistic goals that I could and will hopefully accomplish. Just a few of the obvious: get a job, move out of my parents house, no debt, go to the Sandwich Islands, be in a creative workplace, own 2 houses (what was I thinking!?), move out of Ohio (just for a little bit), and of course become a FABULOUS SOCIALITE- but just for a little! I mean the usual, right--who doesn't want to go to the Sandwich Islands or be a fabulous socialite?! But shortly after turning in the assignment, I was brought back to real life with the comments from Nell, my professor... She really brought me back to life--like how am I going to pay for all of this, you know--asking me the realistic questions, it is her duty-I guess. So with thought, I brought myself back to reality and figured I would get to some of the plan-like get a job and move out of my parents house. But I had no clue when I would get to these, I just hoped it would be sooner rather than later.

After a few weeks of not thinking about the dreaded five year plan, I started to go back to thinking about it, and how I could realistically attack my plan! So, I started looking for a job and thinking how I could make this plan work, but then the end of the quarter began to hang over my head and I almost instantly stopped thinking about the plan and distracted myself with "school work." Until this weekend... When I attended the SCAD Fashion show for the first time in my four years here at SCAD, and it was FABULOUS!

It was after the fashion show, that my five year plan came back to me-- when I was spotted-- with my fellow metals girl Katie Glenn and her roommate Ally and my friend Dalton Rose. My dream of becoming a FABULOUS SOCIALITE has begun!!! I just knew it would happen--one day, and whether or not this is the only time I will be considered (by myself at least) a fabulous socialite... I will take it, because it means I accomplished something in my five year plan. And if I don't really complete anything else in my five year plan--for now I am so satisfied with my new fame with Katie--together we are on the diamond paved road to success!


Here we are--spotted! by the not so paparazzi in Savannah in front of the fashion show-- little do you know we are going to be the next big thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment